Monday 9 April 2012

Green Lantern (2011)

"A test pilot is granted an alien ring that bestows him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership into an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe." 

Director: 

Martin Campbell

Writers:

Greg Berlanti, Michael Green

Stars:

Ryan ReynoldsBlake Lively and Peter Sarsgaard

According to www.IMDb.com people have rated this movie 6.0 stars out of 10. Me? I would give it more than that. My rating: definitely an 8 or 9 out of 10. It 's taken me a while to get around to watching this movie. I didn't expect it to be one of the best movies I've seen but of course I was wrong. The plot the special effects.. everything was amazing. It's a movie I could watch over and over and not just because the sexy Ryan Reynolds is the main character but because of how well this movie was put together. For being 2 hours long this movie went by really quick, the only downfall was that it seemed a little rushed and there really wasn't much to him learning the ropes of being a Green Lantern. This is understandable, seeing as how you can only throw so much into two hours. Every actor in this movie blew my mind, it was incredible. I'm not a huge fan of Blake Lively.. but she was great in this movie. I have never found her to be a great actress especially in her role as Serena in Gossip Girl. Lively really stepped up her role in this film, her boss woman attitude is a side she hasn't really shown in her acting career but she somehow pulled it off. Now what really amazed me was Parallax, the whole evil nemesis planning to extinct the whole green lantern corps. Parallax is one of the most bad ass villains I have seen in a movie by far. Kudos to the special effects crew. 
Over all I would recommend this movie to everyone. It's worth the time to sit and watch. 
Until next time..
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment