Monday 9 April 2012

World War Z Novel

"An Oral History of the Zombie War (World War Z) is a 2006 post-apocalyptic horror novel by Max Brooks."




Just like most of the population of the world I have this slight obsession with the whole "Zombie Apocalypse" .. okay slight is putting it lightly. I have an over powering obsession with it. Not to the point where I wish it would happen just my paranoia kicks in and I think of what my plans are if it were to ever happen. People think "What if world war 3 happens?!" "What if there's another terrorist attack?!" Me.. "Where am I going to go to find myself a cross bow so I can kill me some zombies?!" 
SO! Here's what I'm thinking on the book.. It's fucking brilliant. Yeah that's right.. fucking brilliant. I picked up the book thinking it would be just a simple chapter to chapter, first character referencing, blah, blah, blah. To my surprise it was nothing like I thought. Max Brooks brings the whole story to life. You feel as if you are literally in the story. What do I mean by that? He takes characters that were involved in confrontation with zombies themselves and gives it from their point of view. A man is going around the world meeting with people that had a huge part in the zombie apocalypse. What happened to them, what happened to people around them. Where it generated.. brought to you by the words of the survivors. One on one interviews with the people who survived the biggest fear every man or woman have deep down. This novel keeps me on edge reading every single story presented by each character. It brings into mind that this seems like it could be completely possible and CAN happen. It brings to life what every human being fears. The dreaded zombie apocalypse. For huge fans like me who love zombies.. it's a book that you just can't put down. 
I recommend this book to the zombie lovers out there. BUT if you are a scare-dy cat like me.. I suggest you don't read it before bed. Every noise you hear you'll think it's a zombie attempting to enter your front door, walk up your stairs and get you in your sleep. 
Kudos Max Brooks, Kudos.. you sure scared the shit out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment