Monday 9 April 2012

The Vow (2012)


"A car accident puts Paige (McAdams) in a coma, and when she wakes up with severe memory loss, her husband Leo (Tatum) works to win her heart again."

Director: 

Michael Sucsy

Writers: 

Jason Katims, Abby Kohn 

Stars:

 Rachel McAdams, Channing Tatum and Sam Neill

Alright straight to the point.. I thought this movie was a waste of my time. It's based on a true story and it's sad, don't get me wrong. It just wasn't my cup of tea. On www.IMDb.com it's rated 6.6, I give it maybe a 4 and I'm feeling generous. McAdams and Tatum were brilliant in it, that's not my problem with the film. It was the plot and the ending just ruined the whole movie. It seemed as if the ending wasn't the ending. There was no "the end.." there was a the but they forgot the end. It felt completely unfinished. The fact that at the end of all the bull they went through they ended the movie with them meeting up randomly and walking away to get food.. to me that was the most boring and uninteresting thing I have ever watched. Maybe add a little kicker at the end, just a quick little flash forward of them getting married again. That's the happily ever after every woman looks for at the end of a romance film. While these two had great connection and their acting was beyond perfect the rest of the movie felt forced and tacky. I wouldn't exactly recommend this film for anyone, maybe if you are extremely bored and you have nothing else to watch but other than that, just no. 
Sorry Michael, not the best directing job. And to the writers.. it could have been a lot better, especially the ending.
My opinion? Thumbs down ladies and gents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment